Easy way to break a tire bead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy way to break a tire bead.

I will be attending the Southern Meet on Sunday, May 15. If there is any interest, I would be glad to demo an easy bead breaking technique using only two tire irons, no c-clamps or long pry bar or tire machine needed. The demo will only take 10 minutes, tops.

John Yee
    AMCA #16692

You've got my curiosity up, Why not make a little video and post it here? Did you see the plastic bag method of pressing the new rubber onto the rim?...Mike

Comment

Does it involve backing an auto's front tire over it with a 2X4 beneath it?

Do whatcha gotta do.

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Negative, no tire machine, no running over the rim with your truck, no beating the bead with a hammer is required. It doesn't even take a lot of muscle. I could walk anyone thru this in a matter of minutes. I will bring a 180/55 x 17 tire mounted on a sport bike rim, ask for a volunteer and show you all how easy it really is.

Comment

Ducatijohn!

I wish I could be there with a sixty-five-plus-year-old Firestone still on a 16" H-D rim.

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

If Mr. Yee does it once at Denton, few people will acturraly see it. Perhaps we can arrange for someone with a video camera to work up a little instructional video to post here? Just a thought.
            Gerry Lyons #607
            http://www.37ul.com/
            http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Did anyone see this technique? Or get to make a video?
              Dan Margolien
              Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
              Www.yankeechapter.org
              Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

I've been waiting since March to see this demonstration. Glad none of my tires have gone flat (knock wood)!

Comment

Working...
                X