Wanted; Marsh Metz Twin Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted; Marsh Metz Twin Motor

Still looking for a complete two cylinder motor or parts for a 1912 Marsh Metz Twin. Easy to id as cylinders are ninety degrees apart. Also sold under the names National, Arrow and Peerless. Contact me at Marshmetz@aol.com Thanks Ken

Even with 411 views and no leads I still haven't given up. Still looking.

Comment

Do you have any idea how many M-M twins were sold in their day? I have to believe they were a rare bird. I also think the M-M twin was a a beautiful motorcycle from a company that made a high quality product.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Over a thousand views and three years and still no postive leads. Still trying to find one.
        Last edited by 62Pan; 04-27-2016, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Marsh metz twin Motor wanted

Originally posted by 62Pan View Post
          Over a thousand views and three years and still no postive leads. Still trying to find one.
          Why are you looking for the marsh metz twin Motor?

Comment

I found a fairly complete chassis a long time ago without the motor.

Comment

You're on a noble search, and my hat's off to you. Years ago, in our club magazine, a guy ran a want ad for a Marsh-Metz twin. It was a 1/4, or 1/2 page ad, as I recall, and a had a photograph of what he wanted. In looking for something as rare as a M-M twin, you'll probably want to put picture ads in as many places as you can. I would bet there is a motor out there, but the obvious stuff has been found.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Marsh metz twin

I found a fairly complete chassis a long time ago without the motor.
                That’s a really really tough Motor to find ,,took me twenty five years and I finally got mine , I have a beautiful original paint tank called a “ national” which was a rebadged Marsh metz twin ,,I have the correct original wheels and front fork , , controls and linkages , your lucky to have found the chassis ,, I am using a real single frame and taking it apart down to the castings to remake the twin frame , the neck and seatpost and rear dropouts are the same as the single it’s just repositioned for the twin , very smart company to do that , it’s an amazing machine and I don’t think that many twins where made ,,the magneto timing gears are eccentrically mounted , to get the tooth count they needed in the small space available , Crazy engineering ! if you ever decide to sell or trade your chassis I would ,of course ,be interested either way ,,would love at very least to see pictures of your chassis , thank you for your time
                Jon Szalay

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                  You're on a noble search, and my hat's off to you. Years ago, in our club magazine, a guy ran a want ad for a Marsh-Metz twin. It was a 1/4, or 1/2 page ad, as I recall, and a had a photograph of what he wanted. In looking for something as rare as a M-M twin, you'll probably want to put picture ads in as many places as you can. I would bet there is a motor out there, but the obvious stuff has been found.
                  Eric, that was me. Ran that ad in about four magazines for at least three or four years. Not one legit contact only spammers.

Comment

Originally posted by jsrestore View Post
                    That’s a really really tough Motor to find ,,took me twenty five years and I finally got mine , I have a beautiful original paint tank called a “ national” which was a rebadged Marsh metz twin ,,I have the correct original wheels and front fork , , controls and linkages , your lucky to have found the chassis ,, I am using a real single frame and taking it apart down to the castings to remake the twin frame , the neck and seatpost and rear dropouts are the same as the single it’s just repositioned for the twin , very smart company to do that , it’s an amazing machine and I don’t think that many twins where made ,,the magneto timing gears are eccentrically mounted , to get the tooth count they needed in the small space available , Crazy engineering ! if you ever decide to sell or trade your chassis I would ,of course ,be interested either way ,,would love at very least to see pictures of your chassis , thank you for your time
                    Jon Szalay
                    Jon, where are you located? What year is yours? Ken

Comment

Marsh metz twin

Jon, where are you located? What year is yours? Ken
                      I’m in southern New Jersey my bike is a 1913 National
                      Call me sometime 609-709-2847

Comment

Originally posted by jsrestore View Post
                        I’m in southern New Jersey my bike is a 1913 National
                        Call me sometime 609-709-2847
                        I am near Hershey, I believe mine is a 1912. Sounds like you have what I need and I have what you need. Interesting.
                        Last edited by 62Pan; 01-13-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

That’s so funny we just arrived at hershey we are at the cabin fever model
                          Engineering show this weekend , call me maybe we can get together
                          609709-2847. Jon

Comment

what the chance of that motor could be out of that frame ,whats the story on where both you fellas got your parts from ? never know , Rob

Comment

M & M Twin

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21496[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21496[/ATTACH]m

Comment

Working...
                              X