Messinger Tandem seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messinger Tandem seat

Hey folks, I need to pick a few brains. I just scooped up an old original tandem seat set up. I think it is from the 20's & 30's. It has a messinger full pan saddle on it. Anyone know about this thing? Thanks.

Originally posted by rigb View Post
    Hey folks, I need to pick a few brains. I just scooped up an old original tandem seat set up. I think it is from the 20's & 30's. It has a messinger full pan saddle on it. Anyone know about this thing? Thanks.
    Pictures please.............

Comment

I'll work on it. Thanks.

Comment

This is from the 1925 HD accessory catalogue.
        I can't find a picture of a Messinger tandem.
        Hope this helps
        Attached Files
        Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
        A.M.C.A. # 2777
        Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

The last that Harley-Davidson sold a Mesinger Tandem seat was about 1932 or 1933. Frederick Mesinger pissed off William H. Harley sometime in 1932 because he refused to do the Buddy seat that W.H.H. had designed so he went to the Milwaukee Saddlery Company ( MILSCO) who had trying for years to get Harley-Davidson's business. Milsco did the buddy seat and Harley chose Milsco to be their supplier of seats and saddle bags to this day. Also ,a principal of Milsco, J.E. Bloomberg, designed the full pan solo seat which Harley gladly allowed to go into production. Although the full pan seat was designed in 1932 it was given part # 3181-25 because it could be retrofitted back to 1925. Mesinger seats wer gone with the wind!!!! Just a glimps of my forthcoming book-----Michael--6671

Comment

Here's the appropiate page from the 1931 HD Accessory Catalogue
            Attached Files
            Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
            A.M.C.A. # 2777
            Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Working...
            X