1939 Jr. Scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Jr. Scout

I am thimking of buying a 39' Jr. Scout that is in bad shape but mostly there. The rear fender is patially skirted (about 2 1/2 inches) and seems to be original to the bike. Has anybody seen this before? I did go see the bike in person because from the pictures it did not look like the fender was original to the bike.

Someone was telling me tranny parts are unobtanium for Jr Scouts so make sure its all there.

For a little Jr. Scout inspiration... http://www.metcalfemotorcycles.com/racer/unveiling.php

Comment

Tim,

For $23,000 you can have my Scout and its much nicer than most out there right now. That Jr Scout on Ebay is a huge pile of garbage, thats a money pit just waiting for the first $1 to go into it.

Mike
      Mike Dunn
      Vintage German Motorcycles
      www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com

Comment

Mike,
        I passed on the scout due to too many projects right now. If someone doesn't take the time to ressurect these "huge piles of garbage" there won't be any $23,000 Scouts to sell. I went and saw this bike and I know what it takes to restore these old machines and I could have done it for alot less than $23,000. I asked about the rear fender not whether or not I should buy it.

Comment

Working...
        X