X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a test..........

This is a test.....

IMG_0777.jpg

Great picture. Did you see the thread on Camel-back Indians in the "Indian Other" section? This one appears to be very early, with the exaust port exiting down and the plain top on the fork.
    Doug.
    Last edited by D.Mac; 08-19-2010, 10:21 AM. Reason: misspelled word
    Doug McLaughlin #6607
    NorCal, USA

Comment

Originally posted by D.Mac View Post
      Great picture. Did you see the thread on Camel-back Indians in the "Indian Other" section? This one appears to be very early, with the exaust port exiting down and the plain top on the fork.
      Doug.
      Doug, thank you for the comment about the photo. Yes, I saw the thread and recall that I also replied to a few of the posts in the thread. This Indian is a 1908. The motor has the external mechanical "hacksaw" intake valve lifter which was first offered in 1908. The cycle is currently in the hands of a restorer who has fabricated the missing front fender and control rod for the "points" control box. He also has it running! 1908 was the last year for the "camelback" models. I purchased the Indian from the original owner in 1968. Had it running for parades and antique vehicle functions at that time. I feel lucky that I did not have the funds to have it restored back then. The original color was dark blue.

Comment

Just re-logging on. this is a test also.

Been off since the update, and it wouldn't allow me to log back in.
        Mike

Comment

I would love to test that Indian out....nice bike!
          Louie
          FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
          Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
          YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Originally posted by LouieMCman View Post
            I would love to test that Indian out....nice bike!
            Thank you for the comment. If you are going to Davenport this week, I am picking the cycle up from the restorer late Thursday afternoon. He will have it in his booth during the swap meet. No riders, just for lookers. The cycle will remain in as found condition. Original rust and paint, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X