Vinyl Windshield bag restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Windshield bag restoration

I have an original white vinyl windshield bag that is in good shape except for part of the cardboard liner. The liner under the fold over flap has disintegrated at the edges and is flaking off. The rest of the liner is in good condition.

Does anyone have any experience in refurbishing these before I launch out on my own?

I was considering finding a good quality cardboard, cutting it in the shape of the flap, waterproofing it, and gluing onto the vinyl flap (although the original liner doesn't appear to have been glued).

I thought maybe the material that they make the cardboard file cases out of might be similar to the original liner. I might by one of those, and possible laminate two pieces.

Any insights, suggestions on procedures or materials would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by moon wolf; 07-07-2010, 05:27 AM.

Since no one else had any advise, I'll mention this - from my memory I believe the liner was sewn in around the edges not glued in. Perhaps you can take it apart, add a liner and have someone at a shoe repair shop sew it back together. Just thinkin'....
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Use it gently,.... everyone I have ever seen has had the same problem, but it never seems to effect its use, or the outside appearance.

Comment

Working...
      X