X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jd gearbox bearing

anyone know what bearing I can use insted of 2282-25 main shaft roller
    bearing.Ore if I should buy FAG-SKF

A substitute for the 2282-25, LEFT SIDE, is BCA-208FF or MRC208SZZ or SNR6208EE. For the smaller RIGHT SIDE 2280-15. use BCA 304 or equivalent. Toss out the unreliable copper disc seals and leave the bearings sealed with seals as fitted.....Joe
    Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

it was just what I was looking fore.But there is only one thing of which I am in doubt about, instead of roller bearing
      the other you write about is ball bearings.would main drive gear squirm and lie in a greater pressure on
      shifter rod
      regards michael

Comment

Mickael: I am not sure what you mean by the main drive gear squirming. Actaully, the ball race runs in its own track so the side thrust is bassically within the ball race unlike a roller bearing which needs thrust washers to control its position. as for the shift rod, its indepenent of the main drive gear but I am not sure what rod you are reffering to as there is the clutch pull rod and also the fork shifter guide shaft or rod. Please clarify what your concerns might be using ball bearings. People have used em for years iJD Tranies ncluding myself also on JD trannies.
        Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

harbor vintage put sealed bearings in mine .they needed the case, the large nut that holds the main shaft in and the shaft for the slider gear .i know they machined a few things. i just don't know what things
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Fellas, If You go with the bearing numbers I posted earlier in this thread, NO MACHINEING IS REQUIRED, That is on 1925 to 29 including and VL trannys beyond 1930. BUT, 1924 and earlier transmissions are done up several differnt ways as the bearing is narrower on the sprocket side..1924 and earlier Right side bearing is same as 25 and on to the 1030's.....Joe
            Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

what I mean,was that I thought mayby the output shaft would twisting,and put a bigger pressure on the mainshaft..
              just some thoughts I had about it.
              now when we use ballbearing..?

Comment

Working...
              X