Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT Enterprises - Motorcycle Frame and Fork Repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Enterprises - Motorcycle Frame and Fork Repair?

Does anyone have any experience with this shop?

I need to get an Indian fork straightened.

Thanks in advance,

Here is the info I have about them:

G.T. Enterprises - Motorcycle Frame and Fork Repair

G.T. Enterprises is a small shop in rural Northern California specializing in straightening motorcycle frames and forks.

We started straightening frames in 1961 as an apprentice with Buchanan's Frame Shop in Monterey Park, California. In 1979 we moved to Northern California and opened our own business. We have a fully equipped frame shop including a 42" by 68" frame table, forty ton press, tig, mig, arc, and oxy-acetylene welding equipment, and a complete machine shop. Over the years we have developed a complete inventory of specialized straightening fixtures and tooling. When Buchanan's Frame Shop stopped repairing frames, we acquired their vast collection of frame drawings dating back to the 1930's.
    AMCA #10930

I don't believe it is proper anymore to post any negatives about any particular vendor. I can't post any positves about the vendor you inquired about because I know nothing first hand about them. Maybe someone here does have a positive comment they can share with you though.

Comment

I haven't used GT Enterprises/Vern Fueston myself. I did have an email exchange with him and he wouldn't commit to any kind of time frame for the work (two BMW frames I needed repaired).

Instead, I went to The Frame Man in Sacramento, CA. I had an excellent experience with Walt; both frames were repaired within three weeks, at the cost quoted.

One frame, for a 1953 plunger model bike, had been broken in an accident and he required a donor frame. The other was a pressed steel frame from 1941 that had spent 50 years or so in eastern Europe, probably plowing fields and taking the farmer and his family to market, with a sidecar on it; besides being bent, it had been in a bad front end accident that had been crudely repaired.
      Last edited by darrylri; 04-05-2010, 07:56 AM.
      --Darryl Richman
      Follow my 2012 Cannonball Blog!
      http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Comment

Working...
      X