Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake manifold leak

Hi
    I am new to this form and knucklehead ownership. I do not know if I have the right form, there seem to be a lot of purists here and that OK, let me know if I should be on some other form. I just purchased a 1942 EL. It will never be a 99 point bike as it found in field in the 80s and the fellow that put it together built out of what ever parts that where available.
    But I like it, I like starting it I like riding it.
    Question does anyone have any experience with conversion manifold and seals or should I stay with brass ones

Thanks again for your time
    Will

Will

A lot of the guys on this forum use peek instead of brass for the manifold seals. It is a space age plastic that works great. The seals are expensive - about $50 a pair but are easy to use and reusable unlike the brass which work harden.

They can be purchased from either Tom Cotton or Enfield Racing. Tom would want you to send him your manifold so he can fit the seal to it.

I've had good luck with both guys product.

Jerry

Comment

Your in the right place Will.

Like Jerry said, call Tom Cotton at:
      Liberty Motorcycle Specialties Inc
      118 N Washington St
      Lacon, IL 61540-1226
      (309) 246-3509

Send him your manifold and be assured it will be returned to you ready to go. His turn around time has always been very quick as well. Will this get me a discount on my next purchase Cotten?
      ------------
      Steve
      AMCA #7300

Comment

Thank you Gents!!

Comment

Will

Also remember that it is possible for your threaded inserts to leak between them and the head itself.

Jerry

Comment

Working...
          X