Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 48-53 jiffy stand fit 46 frame?

Hi
    I am building a '46 bobber Chief and have access to a 48-53 bronze jiffy stand. I like the look, but am uncertain of the fit. As I see it, it looks like it attaches to the front motor mount bolt. Having no experience with the "newer" Indians, I have no idea. I ride a '47 Chief and hopefully soon, this '46. Thanks for the help.

Re: side stand...

It requires a longer motor mount bolt, 10 1/4". But, I would mock it up with what ever size wheels you are using. 18" front, 16" rear? Or, both 16"? See how it works. That is a beautiful stand, in the bronze. Bones

Comment

here is a pic...

Originally posted by BONES47FL View Post
      It requires a longer motor mount bolt, 10 1/4". But, I would mock it up with what ever size wheels you are using. 18" front, 16" rear? Or, both 16"? See how it works. That is a beautiful stand, in the bronze. Bones
      Thanks for the idea... she has perfect lean with the stocker 46 stand... I hope that this will work out the same... or be made to fit... since I did not know I could use it, I had posted it on ebay... but now... I just cancelled the sale before anyone bid on it and removed it ... gotta see how and if it works on this scoot... I can always sell later if it does not work...
      Attached Files

Comment

When you posted this...

I was thinking of using the same stand on a '39 Chief bobber I am starting to accumulate parts for. Let us know how this works out for you in this thread later. Bones

Comment

Working...
        X