Replica Early Harleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replica Early Harleys

I guess we've all seen those Timeless bikes which look a lot like a 1910 Harley single. Now the Mid America Auctions catalog for the 14-16 August Pebble Beach auction shows a 1907 strap tank Harley, and you have to read through a page of photos and text before you find 'No one will ever know this bike is a reproduction unless you tell them'. The write-up then say this is one of only eight made, which means seven AMCA Judges could have problems in the future.

Somebody spent a lot of time and money on that bike. It's a very nice bike but way overdone for my taste and I couldn't afford it anyway. I saw that "Timeless" had taken one of their 1910 HD replica's and rebadged it as a "Comet". The only difference bewteen the two bikes was the name on the gas tank. I thought that was kind of cheesy so I sent them an email saying so. It no longer is on the web site. In fact I can't find the website now that had the Comet.

Dick

Comment

Interesting find Steve.... It does look a little overdone. I'm not sure I like the way the machine was represented with the "they'll never know unless you tell them" approach. It'll sell to someone with big money and hopefully the history of the machine will be kept honest. I think however you may be right with AMCA judges having their work cut out for them. I personally like the camelback Indians that are up for sale.....
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Nobody is going to like what I think.... It is not real it should not bring 10 cents its a FAKE!!!! and thats half the problem with the MC world today. a bunch of FAKES!!!

Comment

Your blunt and opinionated Inline! That's what I like about you........
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

1907 Harley on ebay

Anybody remember this fugly, cobbled piece of junk on ebay a few years back? I laugh everytime I look at the picture. They claimed "barn find, mostly 1907 harley, blah, blah, blah". It was a chain drive 1914 motor, restamped, bicycle frame, and a very poor bunch of sheetmetal work. I think the new harley museum bought it and put it as a centerpiece LOL. Actually, it shill bid to 20k, then relisted, shill bid to 9k, then who knows what happened to it. Hopefully they still own it.
            Attached Files

Comment

CO I wish to offend noone here just callin it the way I see it .

Comment

Originally posted by INLINE4NUT View Post
                Who is Noone?
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

.....and I would expect nothing less......
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
                    Anybody remember this fugly, cobbled piece of junk on ebay a few years back? I laugh everytime I look at the picture. They claimed "barn find, mostly 1907 harley, blah, blah, blah". It was a chain drive 1914 motor, restamped, bicycle frame, and a very poor bunch of sheetmetal work. I think the new harley museum bought it and put it as a centerpiece LOL. Actually, it shill bid to 20k, then relisted, shill bid to 9k, then who knows what happened to it. Hopefully they still own it.

I remember that blasphemy well........ fugly is a very good term for it. I guess they lived by "ya can fool some of the people some of the time". I just can't believe they figured it was done well enough to pass it off....
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Chris NOone = NO body

Comment

Chris NOone = NO body
                        I guess you mean no one. Two seperate words.
                        Be sure to visit;
                        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris some times I forget the SPACE BAR

Comment

There is a Bar in Space ?

Martian Mai Tai, Cosmopolitan of Venus , RocketMan Boilermakers ?
                            William McClean
                            AMCA # 60

Comment

I know I would not want to go to a bar on Uranis
                              John Underwood
                              AMCA#14400
                              Central Illinois

Comment

Working...
                              X