Clincher rims help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clincher rims help

Can someone tell me the correct size rims for a 1923 Harley Model F? I am helping a friend do repairs on it, real slowly. Several years back he called McRoberts and bought what suppose to be correct rims. He sent them on to Buchanan's and I sent the repaired hubs to meet the rims, had them lace up with stainless spokes and send back here to me. We located some 28 x 3 Ensign clincher tires and now they will not fit. The tire bead is close to 22" and the laced rims from McRoberts are 23" . Educate me please and any help/advice will be greatly appreciated. Paul Dakin in Mississippi dakin@olemiss.edu
    662-915-5664

my rims

I took a close measure and my rims measure close to 22.5" at the bottom of the "groove" and not in the center where the spoke nuts are. Of course they don't have a drop center, and I am not measuring at the top of the side support. Most replies I am getting say the tires with go on but tight going with soap. Thanks, Paul

Comment

put the tire in your car with windows closed get it good and hot helps it flex.
      rob ronky #10507
      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
      X