Handlebar switches..source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebar switches..source?

I got 4 switches, 2 buttons and two switches (cloth wiring reproductions) from VTwin... they actually don't fit worth a damn... Although they are for 1inch handlebars, the amount of "curve" is too gradual, like they'd fit better on a 1 1/4" bar or something.. Needless to say, they don't fit like stock (form fitting)..

Is there another manufacturere/source for switches besides VTwin...that fit?

If I have to live with pvc covered wires as a trade off (short term) for better fitting switches, I will.

I think if I can't find ones that fit, I'll have my old ones (1 of my buttons and two of my light switches appear to be stock and one is newer (non cloth covered wires) re-chromed this winter and upgrade the guts, and buy cloth wiring....but that is a winter project...and the road is calling my name.

I'm looking for Horn/Starter button (2) and 1 dimmer and 1 turn signal switch (I have NOT found a 3 position switch) so ordered 2 two position switches from VTwin.

I saw that AAOK has some and sent a note to see if theirs is Vtwin or another source...

Thanks again to all who offer wisdom!

Steve

I have exactly the same problem with a couple of V-Twin switches and buttons that I bought a while back, before learning not to buy *any* of their stuff.

You might try Bills Custom Cycle... I've not tried him yet on the switches, but got several other NOS parts from him that I thought I'd never find.
    Ride it like you can fix it!

Comment

Sadly most all the switches come from the same source. I know that Dixie used to have genuine H-D military switches that they had chrome plated. I don't know if they are still available or not.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
      X