Judging at Eustis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging at Eustis

I want to make a few comments about judging from my experiences at Eustis. I believe I heard that we had 80 bikes on the judging field so there was a lot of work for the judges. I helped Bruce Palmer with a couple of Panheads, and Geoff Skilton and Peter Reeves with a JD, and a few early Harleys. As so many people have said here on this forum, it's something you have to experience. It's incredibly educational and you will gain knowledge that will be indispensible if you plan to have a bike judged in the future. I have read a lot of letters on this forum by people who are trying to second guess the AMCA judging system from the comfort of their living room and then raise hell when their bike doesn't get 100 points. I was the clipboard monkey for these judges and I can safely say that I learned a lot of things that will help me with my own restorations, and it was fun, (well, kind of fun).

I also had my 1919 Henderson judged. It was going for it's Senior, which it got, but this time it was more diligently judged so it lost a few points. I appreciate the observations and will have some things to correct which will be to the benefit of the quality of the restoration.

I want to thank Kevin Valentine and Robin Markey for their help with a paperwork snafu. We are so lucky to have their dedication and service for (arguably) the toughest and often times thankless job of putting this judging thing together at every meet.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886
Working...
X