No announcement yet.

quick start 2000 electronic ignitions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick start 2000 electronic ignitions ?

In volume 46 no. 3 "The Antique Motorcycle " There was an ad for an electronic ignition that replaces points and condensor.It fits under the dust cap of the distributor.Has anyone tried one of these ,and what is the before and after results?
    Neil

About 4 years ago I've build in this electronic ignition on a WL and it works fine.
    If the accurate ignition timing is done once, you never have to care about.
    No recheck of the circuit breaker point gap or other maintanance of the ignition timing.
    Since accurate ignition timing is the first essential to good engine performance, you can be sure that is not the ignition timing when you have trouble with your engine performance. That is the advantage - not more, not less

Martin
    Martin Brill

www.brillantparts.com

Comment

Martin, I went to your website through the club profile. What a horrible tragedy for your speedometer business. For those who haven't looked at Martin's website, he posted pictures of the aftermath of a devastating fire. I hope you get your shop back together soon Martin.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

I have run this system in two of my bikes and have been very pleased with the results.
        Buzz Kanter
        Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
        [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
        [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          Martin, I went to your website through the club profile. What a horrible tragedy for your speedometer business. For those who haven't looked at Martin's website, he posted pictures of the aftermath of a devastating fire. I hope you get your shop back together soon Martin.
          Thanks for your solicitousness. Now I'm back.
          Martin Brill

www.brillantparts.com

Comment

Do you use a stock coil or do you (or can you) use a coil with a different impedance/more spark?

Comment

Stock coil works fine. I've heard folks say you can goes with a stronger coil and a wider plug gap after installing the unit. I never did either of those things and it has been working great for four years for me.
              ------------
              Steve
              AMCA #7300

Comment

I put one on my VL with stock coil and it hasn't missed a beat. Seems to be a great product and he stands behind it.
                Louie
                FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Working...
                X