Looks Like a Six-bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Like a Six-bolt

I just stumbled on this picture on the web and figured a couple of you might want to have a look at it..........
    Attached Files
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Hi Cory,

This motor looks like the Buckboard motor that the Factory now has, that came out of LaCrosse, Wisconsin.

Where did you come across this picture? Is it the LaCrosse motor, or is it another 6-bolt motor that just surfaced?

Is there any description with it?
    Last edited by Earl; 01-14-2009, 09:43 AM.
    Rick Morsher, aka Earl
    AMCA #1905

Comment

Hey There Earl.............The site had a bunch of the early photos that you typically find on the internet. I think the wording was in Spanish, but I lost track of the site to go back and check. If I remember right all I could decipher was that it was estimated as an '05 to '08 but we know it's an '06 or earlier. I don't recall anything other than that. It could very well be the motor you already mentioned. When was it discovered? If I run across the site again, I'll post a link.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

cory thanks for posting the pic.i think it is the buckboard.first time i've seen it.i wish i could see a picture of the other side.notice how the hot air intake is long like the #599 bike.and i always figured the early carbs did not have a number pad.sno#2 doesn't have any writing on the carb,but has a long air intake.i cant tell if sno#1 has a pad on it , but it has a short air intake.that buckboard is a great engine.
        www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

.milwaukee is curved on this later carb,and not on the buckboard carb.
          www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
            Hey There Earl.............The site had a bunch of the early photos that you typically find on the internet. . . . If I run across the site again, I'll post a link.
            When you saved the image to your computer, you may have let it default to its original name. You could do a Google search on the internet using that name. ...bill
            Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Thanks Bill! Your computer suggestions are helpful.......

I came up with this for extra info.......El motor que se utilizó desde 1905 a 1908........ that's all folks.
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Look......big pictures!!!!

Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Now we're cooking! Go to Google.com and enter this into the search field ...including the quotes.
                  "El motor que se utilizó desde 1905 a 1908"
                  One entry will pop up with a [Translate this page] over to the right of the found title. Click on that; instant English
                  ...bill
                  Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Ahh....... it says the engine was used from 1905 to 1908...... a little inaccurate, but at least I can read it. Thanks again Bill..... How's the ol' JDCA doing?
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                      How's the ol' JDCA doing?
                      Thanks for asking. I am accumulating parts and not being proactive. As an aside, the 1923 VIN is less than 1000 so is apparently a 'special applications' if you believe HD. This came with a output shaft mounted flange for a propeller, and probably was meant for an ice boat. ...bill
                      Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Well Bill, at least your still in the process of gathering. That's some progress if nothing else. An ice boat motor? Pretty cool...... I wish there were more pictures out there of the early H-D motors that were sold for marine purposes etc.... I just figured out there's an Indian toboggan a few hours south of me in Montana. I'm going to have to saddle up and head down there for a look one of these days.
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Know anything about this machine Earl?

Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by 23JDCA 808 View Post
                            Thanks for asking. I am accumulating parts and not being proactive. As an aside, the 1923 VIN is less than 1000 so is apparently a 'special applications' if you believe HD. This came with a output shaft mounted flange for a propeller, and probably was meant for an ice boat. ...bill
                            A 1923 serial number LESS than 1000?

Can you tell us what it is?
                            Herbert Wagner
                            AMCA 4634
                            =======
                            The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
                              A 1923 serial number LESS than 1000? Can you tell us what it is?
                              Look at my 'handle.' May have originally been on a propeller driven ice boat. ...
                              Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Working...
                              X