76 shovel FLH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76 shovel FLH

I'm rebuilding a 76 shovel and the previous owner put heads on that have two spark plugs and requires two coils (it's a kick/electric start). Can anybody give a info on spark plugs. I have the one's that were with the bike but not sure if they are correct. The plugs that are one side (port) are different than the other side (starboard). The previous owner has passed away and this bike has been sitting for 20 years.

you might have a long reach plug on one side, and a short reach on the other side. i believe the long reach was on the left side of the bike, and the short reach will be on the right side between the push rod tubes.

hope this helps!!
    CHIEFJ48
    MEMBER #2786

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD.

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

Comment

A 76 FL used H-D #5-6 long reach plugs. These were the same heat range as H-D #3-4, but in long reach.
      VPH-D

Comment

Wich plugs are in the right side depends on what year the heads are. Just cause the motor says 76 don't mean the heads are. Shovels ran short reach plugs through 74. You should also retard the timing a bit for the dual plug set up to compensate for shorter flame path and lessened combustion times.
        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

76 shovel

thank you all for your replys.....all the info is helpfull

Comment

Short reach Long reach.

All the print information I've seen states 74 is the last year short reach plugs are used but I know of at least one 75 that has short reach heads.

Comment

Working...
            X