This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Shyster

Against Kevin Valentines suggestion, I must post this thread to warn fellow enthusiasts of a true scam seller on eBay. This is our old friend "1916 Twin" who accused me of being a thief and who also reffered to the Rhinebeck meet as a "Nazi Fest". One of his many eBay ID's is checks.mo.welcome-no paypal. 2 weeks ago, he sold a seat I did as an an original for $1350.00, it cost him $305.00. Now he has eBay item 370118367028 which is a deluxe solo seat I made and patinaed and in the background you can see a 1938 deluxe buddy seat in the alligator hide that he states is not for sale but would be twice the price!!! I made that also for $375.00. I am only telling my fellow forum members this to warn you of a true virus, infection, dishonest "member" of our hobby--I am doing this ONLY to keep good folk from being ripped off by this scumbag--Michael Paquette--6671

Never be afraid to post a "Consumer Warning".
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Maybe we can get kevin to lock the post so it can stay and no one will jump in with BS.
      Jeff Bowles
      Arkansas
      Membership # 14023
      1957 Sportster

Comment

I used to email bidders on eBay and warn them when I saw an obvious scam listing. eBay has since changed all their contact policies and there is no way to warn the bidder who is not aware that they are about to be hosed big time. Hopefully the bidders do their homework. What happened to the good old days of tar and feathers!
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I see a lot of early stuff for sale by this fella on George's. I see he's being helpful regarding the glycerin treatment in the question at the bottom of the page. His feedback is 100%, it's too bad really, it seems to me that just about anyone would take his word for authenticity on that auction. Or I guess I would anyway..... Thanks for the info Paquette. Whatever the case that buddy seat is beautiful! You got any more of those kickin' around Michael??? Or was it his seat that you restored?
          Last edited by c.o.; 11-24-2008, 08:31 PM.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

so i ask if it was recovered....

and he says ,RECOVERED?? LOOK AT IT....THAT ALL ORIGINAL LEATHER FROM 1940,,EVEN THE JEWELS ARE GLASS, UNLIKE WORSHAM CASTLES PLASTIC ONE...

Comment

Working...
            X