Winners circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winners circle

I remember reading in the judging handbook that a machine will enter the winners circle after recieving a senior award and remain there so long as a score of 85 points or better is maintaned (unless the machine changes owners, then it goes back to the beginning). We have been attending the judging at all the meets we attend the past few years and I don't recall ever seeing anyone judge the winners circle machines, is this on the honor system or are we just not seeing it being done? Not that we've noticed anything out of order, just curious how this works.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Brian
    when a bike has a Senior, it is judged again for 95+ points. it is then awarded the Winners Circle. the next time it is entered, they usually have a seperate area for these bikes, when I am at the meet I check these bikes to make sure they maintain the 85+ to remain in the Winners Circle.
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Thanks Kevin,
      I know at Oley the winners circle is about a quarter mile away from the judging, but at Jefferson you can see them from the judging field. We always look through them, was just curious as I never saw you or any other judges appear to ever look them over.
      Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

I have a VL that is in the Winner's Circle. About a year ago I became a judge after enjoying watching my bike go through the process. I know that every time I have judged we always look at the Winner's Circle bikes to make sure they have maintained 85 points. Granted, we do not spend much time on them as we always have many new bikes to judge but they have always been checked.

Comment

I think the only reason the Winner's Circle was so far from the rest of the judging at Oley this year is because they put the judging under the covered pavilion area because of the foul weather. Last year the judging was in the parking lot right outside of the building next to the food vendors. And the Winner's Circle was about 15 feet away just outside of the roped off judging area.

Comment

Yea, when I got to Oley Sun morning this year all I saw was the winners circle bikes up by the food court and thought you gotta be kidding, then I noticed the gathering at the other pavillion.Well it's good to know everyone is on thier toes, keep up the good work.
            Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Hey Jerry, didn't notice the avitar the first time around.Was that pic taken this year at jefferson?
              Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
              X