Davenport was a great show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davenport was a great show

My wife and I just returned from Davenport and I want to be one of the first to congratulate the Chief Blackhawk Chapter for a great event. David Lash and all of the other volunteers did an excellent job og making the event memorable.

I had four bikes judged and despite some errors in judgment and scoring, I think david worked hard (as did all of the judges) to get the job done right.

I also had a great discussion after the meet (over some beers, of course) with David, Robin, and Kevin regarding ways in which we could improve the accuracy of the judging process. As you know, I have posted more than my fair share of comments on this forum but I am convinced that everyone wants to make it the best it can be and I am just another guy trying to help out. Kevin threatened to put me to work on the judging committee so time will tell if he really wants to get me going in an official capacity ;-)

The point here is that Davenport stands as one of the best and I encourage everyone to put it on their circuit. We need support for all our national events in times of high fuel prices and economic woes. This one is definitely worth the price!!
    George and Kyle Marakas
    K & G Cycles

George
    as always it was a pleasure talking with you(but get better beer) and YES we are looking to expand the judging committee to include people like you who are involved with the other side of judging. the input from people that have their bikes judged helps us make the changes to make whatever needs to be fixed in our already good system. the proof of what we have is that other organizations are coping our judging system, and just look at the for sale bikes that state AMCA winners circle.
    see you at a meet
    Kevin
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Working...
    X