Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name this bike

Hi everyone.
    Can some one please ID this bike, and year?
    Thanks.

Ken
    Attached Files
    Ken Kemp
    Nth Queensland
    AUSTRALIA
    Member # 8756

47 Chief
    2006 BMW K1200S
    Getting seriously interested in Vincent
    2010 Can Am Spyder RSS (The Wife made me do it!)
    SYM 125 Scooter

If it was mine, I'd call it George.
    Mike

Comment

Morning Mike.
      Ok, which motorcycle company produced George, and in what year????
      Ken Kemp
      Nth Queensland
      AUSTRALIA
      Member # 8756

47 Chief
      2006 BMW K1200S
      Getting seriously interested in Vincent
      2010 Can Am Spyder RSS (The Wife made me do it!)
      SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

I meant George, like George Foeman. You know, he named all his kids George one, George two, etc. Kinda keeps it simple,mate. I guess midwest humor falls kinda flat sometimes.
        Mike

Comment

Name this bike

Is it a Humber? Tank looks a bit too tall???
          Mark Masa
          www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Frame looks chater lea, forks similar to LMC? or Quadrant?
            Circa 07/09 ?

Comment

Hi Ken

Its difficult to be sure, but if it is not a special made with an early *** engine, then it looks like a Royal Enfield. I say this because I have a 1912 Royal Enfiel with a *** engine and certainly the style and look of the frame is the same. As you and I know well, bikes in Australia and New Zealand often ended up with alterations done by amatuer engineers that did a good job, but in our modern times looking through original literature causes confusion. An example of this is the Daytons, almost all Aussie Daytons had the original 3 speed transmission removed and the bike converted to a direct drive or 'run and jump' as they are often known. My Dayton which was a 3 speed (I'm still trying to find the right transmission for it) also had a conversion where the front headstock and rear seat post were dropped about an inch in height. Had a close look at this and I've figured its factory original alteration, and I believe the reason being it takes one of the late 'twin side tanks' as found on late teens indians and harleys. All the earlier editions had one piece tanks, but that would be unlikely on my frame as the gap between the bars are more suitable for a seperate tank on either side of the frame.

Anyway, what do you reckon? Is it an Enfield with a *** 770cc twin? Looks pretty like the one I have back home in NZ, I'll bring it to Aus someday for you to see.

Michael Voice
              Last edited by Michael.Voice; 11-20-2010, 06:33 PM. Reason: errors in typing *** stands for J A P or J A Prestwich
              Michael Voice
              Membership Number 10556

Comment

Seriously Ken

I've had another close look at this bike pic you put on here and I would like as good a copy of it. Reason being, seriously, this is identical to what I have, awaiting retoration at home in New Zealand, and IS a 1912 Royal Enfield V-twin. The sidecar I'm not sure of as I've seen a lot of sidecar chassis' (I have quite a few because since my accident, I can't ride without one on). I have Enfield Chassis and have seen others, but this one looks like maybe a proprietry 'Hub' sidecar chassis. But seriously, the frame on the bike is identical to mine and that looks just like my 770cc J A P engine mounted in it. Straight sided fins etc... other Enfield guys have challenged whether my J A P is correct or not, but no-one I know in NZ has an Enfield earlier than 14' - when J A P changed to tapered finning, realising they needed less cooling at the bottom of the barrel. J A P were ahead of Clyno that way as 1913 still had straight fins on barrels, 14' and later went tapered I believe.

Michael
                Michael Voice
                Membership Number 10556

Comment

I wonder why the horn is facing the rider. Or maybe it is a spitoon.
                  Be sure to visit;
                  http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                  Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                  Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                  X