Speedster bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster bars?

Hi, I am trying to locate a pair of 2 piece speedster handlebars for my Sportster. If anyone has a pair they would be interested in selling, please contact me at my327vette@aol.com

Thanks!

Hey Jerry, try e-bay.....I have found most all the parts I needed for my Sportster on E-Bay. If you can't find it there J&P Cycles has a Reproduction set that are nice, those are the ones that I am using on my build right now. Check the catalog for them, they have the 2-piece ones you are looking for. As far as I know for judging as long as the part is a reproduction replica you will lose no points, that is at least for AMCA guidlines.
    If you don't want the reproduction stuff then just be patient and keep looking on E-Bay every night, a pair will pop up eventually.

-Paul
    New York City
    1957 Sportster
    AMCA Member# 9766

Comment

The Speedster bars I got for my KHK are repops and look fine. They came as one solid bar, though; so, we had to cut 'em in half!

I'll probably get Speedster bars and internals from J&P for my '60 CH. I also notice that V Twin offers these bars.
      George Tinkham
      Springfield, IL
      www.virmc.com
      AMCA # 1494
      1941 Indian 841
      1948 Indian Chief
      1956 H-D KHK
      1960 CH
      1964 BMW R69S
      1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
      1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

Check with Lonnie at Antique Cycle. He sells American made bars and internals. The Speedster bars for my KHK came from him and are excellent. I had to cut them into two pieces, but that was not a problem.

I plan on buying my new Speedster handlebars and internals from him in the near future.
        George Tinkham
        Springfield, IL
        www.virmc.com
        AMCA # 1494
        1941 Indian 841
        1948 Indian Chief
        1956 H-D KHK
        1960 CH
        1964 BMW R69S
        1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

My Speedster bars and internal controls arrived today from Antique Cycle Supply. The total cost, including shipping, is $429.25. That is about $150 more than I had originally hoped to pay, but Lonnie explained that these parts were fabricated in the USA and would probably be superior to parts from the Orient. I wanted to get all my parts from one supplier so there wouldn't be a dispute as to whom was responsible if something didn't fit correctly. I'm satisfied with the quality and am willing to pay for it.
          George Tinkham
          Springfield, IL
          www.virmc.com
          AMCA # 1494
          1941 Indian 841
          1948 Indian Chief
          1956 H-D KHK
          1960 CH
          1964 BMW R69S
          1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

My '55 KHK came with stock speedster bars. They were rusty and not in very good shape. One day I had one of them and an old pair of speedsters off a Duo Glide police bike. When comparing them the bends were identical and only the length was different from the clamp to the first bend. Shortened them about 2 inches and they became a perfect match. I had been looking for K or Sportster bars for a long time!
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
            X