Birch White paint code needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birch White paint code needed

I'm trying to help my painter out by giving him a paint code of formula that is a close match to birch white so he can mix some tests and compair them to the sample I got from antique cycle supply. He has matched the Tango Red dead on, but is having trouble with the small birch white chip on a white card. It's not getting along with the spectograph.

I'm wondering...
    Is the birch white used in 62 the same birch white that is on police bikes to this day. If so, does anybody happen to know the paint code for it.

Also, I have heard that birch white is the same as 57 Ford Colonial White. If so, anybody know that paint code.

Really any useful info would help.

Thanks
    Joe

Hello Joe,

I bought a book from a fellow on E-Bay who put together an H-D Paint and Colour Reference Manual and this is the PPG number he has for Birch White (90303). He also says that..."This is the factory code, however you should test against a panel if possible because earlier versions of this colour look to be lighter. My personal feeling is it needs about 15% white added to it for anything prior to 1984."

I hope this is some help.

Comment

That's good info, thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X