EL Accessory Front Lamp Wire Routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EL Accessory Front Lamp Wire Routing

Have a friend who is looking for specific routing of the wire through the front fender (under springer?) for the Accessory Front Fender Lamp on a 1940 EL. I have a 1940, but not the accessory front fender lamp. Is the location of the hole specific (e.g., x.x inches from y), or general (e.g., anywhere beneath the springer)? Thanks.
    Vic Ephrem
    AMCA #2590

There's a very original 48 45 locally. The power to its front fender light feeds through one of the lower horn bracket mounting screws. I think this was new on 47 or 48 models. Obviously the screw is isolated. I know you're asking for a 40 model but it's something to consider. Saves you drilling yet another hole in the fender ... Perry

Comment

Lamp wire

The wire on my 40 goes through a small tube that is attached to the rear mounting bolt. It has the same curve as the fender,it then goes through a slanted hole under the forks. It lays on the top of the fender and is about 1/4" long where its on top of the fender. Hope this helps.

Barry
      Barry E Porter

Comment

I have that tube on my 45" bobber project Barry. Did they use it on the WLA marker lamp also ?? Do you know the oem number for it ? Thanks, Paps

Comment

repop kit

there is a repop kit of this tube an attaching kit

Comment

Thanks Barry and others. I realize I should have specified the wire from the power source through the fender under the springer. However, the info on he tube immediately under the lamp (and reproduction) is also helpful. Thanks again.
            Vic Ephrem
            AMCA #2590

Comment

Working...
            X