Viewing Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing Photos

For some reason I can't view photos posted by others. What do I click on? Can any one help me?

I just posted a similar message to the New Message Board forum. I can see some pics, but others appear as a box with an X. I right click my mouse and select "show picture" but it just refreshes the box with the X.

Is this a browser setting issue?

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Rob Sigond
    AMCA # 1811

Comment

I had problems on my work computer until I relized that Photobucket was being blocked. I could see anything that wasn't on Photobucket. Just something for you to think about.
      Louie
      FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
      Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
      YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Originally posted by LouieMCman View Post
        I had problems on my work computer until I relized that Photobucket was being blocked. I could see anything that wasn't on Photobucket. Just something for you to think about.
        Who was blocking it?
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I'm under the impression that photos included in posts on the forum are loaded onto the forum server and then imbedded into the actual post. I might be using the wrong terminology here so please excuse any errors in that regard. Photobucket is a website that holds photos and you have to visit that site to see the pics. I'm talking about photos that are actually included in a post. In the Paint section is a thread about hinges. Some of the photos are viewable in the posts. Others are little boxes with an X in them. It could be they are in a format my computer cannot support because I'm missing the software. But I'm doubtful about that because I've got mutltiple picture, photo and dwg software loaded on my computer for work purposes. I'm thinking that perhaps the photofile is too big to show in the post or a setting on my browser is incorrect for viewing that type of file.

We need a nerd here.
          Regards,
          Rob Sigond
          AMCA # 1811

Comment

It is usually a computers internet settings [firewall settings] which block the pics. Sometimes it is anti virus settings. Sometimes it is anti spam software. I get confused trying to over ride the crap myself. Paps

Comment

I sorta figure it out, but not truly sure what I did to make it work. One your browser, go to tools, Internet Options and under Security, select Custom Level. In there you will find some things disabled that appear to allow stuff to happen. I know I'm not being very technical here, but I just enabled a few things that were disabled that looked to be picture related. I also went into the Advanced tab and checked Show Image Download Placeholders under Multimedia. Actually make sure all the boxes are checked under Multimedia.

First time I went back into the forum, there were little boxes showing in posts that were supposed to have pictures. I right clicked on them and selected Show Pictures. I noticed that a file began to download from the site. I was working thru my company LAN instead of directly from the internet. So it was talking a lot of time to download. So I closed down the company LAN and went directly into the web from my DSL. When I went back to the forum and opened up the same thread with pictures in some posts, all the pictures were there.

I hope this helps. I would try the Show Image Download Placeholders under the Advanced tab first and see if that does it. If it doesn't, then go play with the security tab selections. You might want to write down what you change. I did not have to since I can call my helpdesk to fix help me fix anything I screw up. So far, everything seems to work great.

Good luck,
              Regards,
              Rob Sigond
              AMCA # 1811

Comment

Chris, Photobucket was being blocked on my WORK computer, by big brother. What else am I supposed to do at work , WORK?
                Louie
                FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Working...
                X