Rectangular toolbox for trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rectangular toolbox for trade

I have a very nice original rectangular toolbox for a 45. I need one for a knuckle, which mounts differently. Would like to work out a trade and I'll throw in some loot if the knuck toolbox is nice.

greyfellow

I have a early knuckle square toolbox I would possibly trade. Jerry

hd36ohv@yahoodotcom

change the dot into .

Comment

Thanks Jerry. Sent the photos via email. If it doesn't work out, here are photos. The little over-center bracket is detached at one end. pretty easy fix I think.
      Attached Files

Comment

Also needed for 39 knucklehead:

bowl for m5 carb
        fender light
        inner primary
        complete rear brake assembly

Have some other stuff for trade.

%oldmtrcyc@msn.com remove the %

Comment

I am curious how something like that mounts on a 45. I am piecing together a '40 from scratch, which is the last year for the rectangular toolbox. I don't see any sort of mount on the frame and have never seen a mount sold separately like the '41-up, so I'm not sure if the mount was cut off or what? Can anybody give me some insight?

Mike

Comment

45 frames (1937-1940) had "two toolbox mounting bracket tabs on the left side of the frame" (from Palmer's book). I don't have a photo, nor does the book, but I think these tabs are on the seat stay, as the box mounts high to clear the primary below. I am GUESSING that there is a bracket that mounts to the tabs and then the toolbox mounts to the bracket. I am sure somebody knows!

Comment

45's on ebay

Here are couple of pre-war 45's on ebay right now... it is hard to see the details though.

120233842262 '37 WLD
              130204679808 '39 WL

Comment

Thanks for the links, it's good to see pictures of bikes in that era to get an idea what mine is supposed to look like. I only see one tab on the left side, and it doesn't look like anything was cut off in that area. I think you are right, there has to be some sort of bolt-on bracket to mount the thing.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X