1909? Canadian Motorcycle Racing Trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1909? Canadian Motorcycle Racing Trophy

Item number: 260210785773 ( on ebay) I have listed an interesting piece of Canadian motorcycle history. It's an old CCM Canadian Cycle and Motor Company motorcycle racing trophy which was reportedly up for competition between 1909 leading up to WW1.The antique dealer said there was a badge but he never found it again and gave me 2 names of Bill Pelham and Joe Baribeau. It is reported that it may have been up for grabs in Ontario. Joe Baribeau was from Ontario but later moved to Winnipeg. He was famous in these parts and even did some factory riding for Indian.He won many trophies so it may fit. The trophy contains ash at the bottom and I wonder if it may have been used as something else in the end of it's life. Sorry I'm not to swift at picture attachments but you can see it on the ebay site. I've got way to much stuff and I'm thinning out and am now trying to focus only on the projects I have a hope of finishing. Anyone seen a CCM trophy like this or better yet know it's history?

Just for everyone's information that looked at this trophy on Ebay and for the buyer at Harley Davidson who bought it I am sure this is a bicycle trophy and has nothing to do with motorcycles. CCM were primarily a bicycle manufacturer with the exception of some turn of the century 4 wheelers and a Motosaccoche small engine attachment for a BICYCLE circa 1907. I TOO HAVE ONE OF THESE TROPHIES and was told there are but 7 coats of arms depicting the provinces that were in the Dominion of Canada pre 1900. This may help date the trophy as well. So the moral of this story is buyer beware and do your homework and take anecdotal evidence with a grain of salt! Just trying to set the record straight .

Comment

Working...
    X