part number anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part number anyone ?

does someone know what this part number is , can't seem to find it in my parts manual, supposed to be 65 cases

#165-2536

That is not a part number. It looks to be the 'confidential numbers'
    from the bottom of a set of 1965 BT crankcases.
    VPH-D

Comment

ok, they are stamped on the front of each case,underneath the front of the skid plate

Comment

Originally posted by 65eglide
        ok, they are stamped on the front of each case,underneath the front of the skid plate
        Left side case will have a vin number, 65FLXXXXX

Comment

didn't see any vin, just those numbers on each side

Comment

Those are belly numbers I assume. Put on when machined and line bored. Those numbers mean the halves match and are ready for assembly to internals. Paps

Comment

didn't see any vin, just those numbers on each side
              Is there a Vin block on the left case? Post a pic.

Comment

yes, that's the only place where a vin should be, no frame stamping in those years. the numbers I'm referring are the same type of stamping as the vin but on the front of each case half

Comment

yes, that's the only place where a vin should be, no frame stamping in those years. the numbers I'm referring are the same type of stamping as the vin but on the front of each case half
                  Then what's your question? Those numbers are the belly numbers, used when cases were matched together.

Comment

The frame numbers on a 65 BT were on the left downtube near the neck in small [3/16 ?] stamps.
                    VPH-D

Comment

The '1' indicates big twin. '65' is the year model, and the last numbers are the production line count.

Comment

Actually, I believe the belly numbers were machining sequence, the last part of the case number would be the production line sequence begining with either 1000 or 1001, depending on the year.
                        Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X