1955 Panhead help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Panhead help needed

Does anyone have any good technical pictures of a 55 panhead? I am looking for hi res closeups preferably with and without sheetmetal on. It would be really awesome to have an original paint bike as reference. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks to all!

-pete

Check out this site:

http://www.antiquecyclesupply.com/cd.htm

Comment

55 pictures

I was kinda hopin' someone would oblige without buying a CD full of pictures I don't need. But thank you very much if I have to I guess I'll have to buy one

Comment

Giza,

It says its original paint, it might even be a '55

seriously, here a couple of possible leads:

1. If you have never logged on to hydraglide.net you should. One of the moderators, johnhd, has a very nice '55 and I'm sure he would share his collection of pictures and info. Post your question over there and see what turns up.

2. Wisconson HD in Occonomowoc WI had a pair of original '55s on display for a while that were literally fished out of a dumpster in Saudi Arabia or Kuwait and shipped back to the states. Contact Jerry King at the dealership and see if he can tell you what happened to them. They were rough, but they were original.

good luck,

mike

Comment

Thanks! Saw this "blockhead":-) at Rhinebeck NY AMCA meet. I'll check the ref's you sent.

-pete

Comment

Working...
          X