65 FLH Handlebar Cable Routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 FLH Handlebar Cable Routing

Does anyone know the correct routing for the wires and throttle cable? Do they all go through the hole in the upper clamp for the front end?

Thanks,
    Gary

Gary
    On mine, everything goes through the hole in the upper clamp, including the throttle cable. The throttle cable is the only thing on mine that goes through the hole in the top triple clamp. All the wires just go out between the top triple tree, and the headlight nacelle. I can't say that is 100% right, but I think so. We really need to get the info on the 60's bikes organized and available. There are still a few dealers out there who sold these bikes that are in business today, and we really need to sit down with them and document their knowledge, along with any factory people.
    Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. By the time I read this, I had figured out how to get the throttle cable and wires through the slot in the upper triple clamp. I had to remove the handlebar with the handlebar clamp, as an assembly, and then I was able to get everything to fit.

Also, I have several cable clamps, that fit on the frame, and I am in the process of rewiring the bike, and trying to figure out were all the clamps go. I have a neck clamp, that I think clamps the cable from the ignition switch panel to the terminal panel in the nacelle, on the right side, and I'm assuming the turn signal cable for the rear signals, on the left side. I believe one clamp is on the left down tube, for the generator. For the other clamps, I guess I'll wait till I finish the wiring, and then see were the best place is to clamp everything, unless you can shed some light on this.

Gary

Comment

65 flh

have an original 65 if you need pics

Comment

Thanks Flthead. Yes, pictures would be great.
          Gary

Comment

pics

send me your email ,an i will send some out today

Comment

gmichalak1@sbcglobal.net

Thanks, Gary

Comment

pics

sent pics out ,bike has original wiring harness an clamps

Comment

Working...