Newbe rules question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbe rules question

Hello, I'm new to the club (Hi everybody) and I'm starting some restoration work on a 62 XLCH sportster I picked up. It is along way from being judged, but I want to make sure that I'm heading in that direction. I see alot of posts about the rules for judging, e.g. paint colors, repo parts, ect. Also I here some stuff like getting the stainless steel finish off the spokes so the look like cadmium is OK. My question is how can I get the rule book so I don't have to post 1000 little easy questions here?

Thanks
    Joe

Joe,
    From the homepage of this website, ckick on the pre registration for judging link. There you can download a copy of the judging manual. Then start attending some meets to find some kindred spirits ( actually spirits of all kinds!!!)----

Comment

Ok, Thanks, I found it. See you at the meet.

Comment

Originally posted by joestuff View Post
        Hello, I'm new to the club (Hi everybody) and I'm starting some restoration work on a 62 XLCH sportster I picked up. It is along way from being judged, but I want to make sure that I'm heading in that direction. I see alot of posts about the rules for judging, e.g. paint colors, repo parts, ect. Also I here some stuff like getting the stainless steel finish off the spokes so the look like cadmium is OK. My question is how can I get the rule book so I don't have to post 1000 little easy questions here?

Thanks
        Joe
        It is not a stainless steel finish. They are solid stainless. Glass beading will take the shine off them.
        But why not just use cadmium plated spokes? I see lots of old used wheels at meets and having cad replated is easy and cheap. My plater will replate all the parts that will fit into a 15 gallon drum for less than 75 bucks.
        UPS comes to his door daily.
        Magna Plating
        3063 N California St
        Burbank, CA , 91504-2005
        Phone: 818-846-1880
        FAX: 818-846-0765
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
        X