45 points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 points

Need new points and condensor for my 1946 45. They look like chevy points to me. The bike has been converted to 12 volt. Do'es anyone no what I would need from the auto parts store?
    Thanks for any info.

Len,

Can't say for sure about 45's points being the same as chevy points but the panheads will take points from any 6 cyl. chevy earlier than 1967. I got to say I have run across chevy points that had longer breaker fingers. Take your present points with you when you go to the auto store and match em up.

The 12 volt conversion doesn't require any special attention as far as your points are concerned. They don't care if you got 12V or 6V.

Comment

Tell them you want points for a 235 c.i. 6 cylinder 62 and earlier. Points for the 230, 250, and the 292 are the one piece set that fit 70 and later shovelheads. I have used old HD points from tune-ups in the shop in my 63 C-10 for the last 25 years.

Comment

Napa sells points that match up for 45"s. Can't remember if they are early or late. Email me direct and I will dig in and get the Napa part numbers for you. Maybe they are what you need. Paps

Comment

45 points

According to the V-Twin catalog points and condenser part # 32-0113 will fit 1930 - 1947 45's, FL's and UL's. The list price is $27.22. Hope this helps.

Cliff

Comment

Working...
          X