lumpy tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lumpy tires

My bike has been sitting for at least 5 years and the tires are original (1949)... When I started the bike and rode it the tires have a 'flat spot' and I feel it going down the road.
    Will the tires return to normal shape or is this a permanent problem.?
    Thanks

time to pull into the pits for some new rubber,my 48 chief sat for 36 years and when i finally got it running and took it for a drive i had tremendous vibration up front.i thought the tires were suspect and they were.i replaced them and all is well now .dont know what shape your rubber is in but i would suspect they would be dryrotted ,especially originals .keep the old ones in case you go to do a restoration .good luck,tom

Comment

A friend works on police cars and he has told me of having tires that have sat in one place for a few months take a set and they have had to remove them. I only half believed him so I took some new tires off of a car I've had sitting for several years and put them on one I'm driving daily. Sure enough there is a flat spot in them and it won't go away. I've been driving the car for several months now and that flat spot is still there. Live and learn! BR

Comment

Working...
      X