Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Tour 1957 - video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...40706354639749

great 30min film. much thanks to whomever digitized it.
    Everyone should really enjoy this!!!

Tip! If you click the arrow button on the bottom right and set the size to original. It flows better and the resolution improves.

I want one just like they were building.

Interesting watching the cylinder sleeves being installed. Was that an alluminum block the sleeves were going in? The iron blocks didnt have sleeves did they?

Comment

nope- thems iron barrels. See the old dyno in use! Some really cool shots in this video. The gear hobber and skimmer was also cool. was there a cam grinder?

pre-unit TRI are very hard to restore these days. low production numbers. Better to just buy one restored.

I feel that this could have easily been any MC factory. It kind of brought the HD factory tour in photos that was receintly published in the magazine to life for me.

I was kinda sad that the wheel builders full technique was not fully shown. Those guys could build and true wheels super fast.

Did anyone see something I didn't? at any point.

Comment

I have 8mm home movies of my dad riding his 1960 Triumph Twenty One. It looked exactly like this one at the Barber Museum.
        I don't have a clue how to transfer old film to the net so I'm afraid I can't share it with fellow members.

I did find it funny that even back in 57 they had to warn the audience "Under no circumstace should you try this at home"
        Attached Files

Comment

You could go to DVD. Just phone around. once you have it. I can compress and post. Bath tubs are neat. modern cosmetic design. 350cc i think.

Comment

[QUOTE=AdminGuy;58904]
            I was kinda sad that the wheel builders full technique was not fully shown. Those guys could build and true wheels super fast.
            QUOTE]

I was talking to a guy in Syracuse at the Superswap a few years back. He told me about a wheel shop somewhere in CA that built new wheels while you waited. He was a little loaded one night and went over a curb at speed. Managed to keep it up and got to where he was staying. Next morning he went out to find that he could see the tubes in both tire where the rims were bent. Carefully rode to this place and they took his wheels off and put them into what amounted to a production line. The were torn down, relaced with new spokes and wheels and back on his bike in about an hour. Said it was all Mexican labor inside doing the work. This was in the last 60's early 70's so chances are the place is long gone now.
            Regards,
            Rob Sigond
            AMCA # 1811

Comment

Interesting. Buchannans Frame shop perhaps? The have been in business for years and did wheels also. Now they only do wheels.

I've sent frames to them in the past for straightening, but never had wheels done.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
              X