linkert carb rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linkert carb rebuild

I'm going to buy a 1965 FLH, on Monday. The bike has sat for about 8 years. We started her up the other day, runs mint, but, she started leaking gas, I'm thinking the needle, and seat aren't seating properly. I'm also thinking this is related to the float bowl? My question is which float is the best for dependability? After reading about the brass floats, not sure if I want to go that route. I ride my bikes so dependability is way more important, than originality. Where's the best place to buy new vintage parts? Usually try to get my stuff at the swap meets, but I want to ride this bike now. Thanks Jim

Try this man. davedunning@dldave.com

Comment

get one of cotten's floats before the door closes...

Comment

I'm already out of Linkert floats!... but cutting more furiously before Liberty's summer shutdown for extensive building repairs.

The plan is to re-open under new management by D-port time to offer once again the entire scope of vintage services.
        Candidates please apply!

....Cotten

Comment

floats

Cotten; Tried e-mailing you about your floats. I'd be interested in a couple? Looks like I'll have to repair the brass float I have, or I won't be riding the bike today. Let me know how much, and how long till you have them? Thanks Jim

Comment

I'm cutting, I'm cutting!

Yesterday it was 1 1/4" H model Schebler floats.

(Jim: you got mail off forum, thanks.)

.....Cotten

Comment

what are you looking for Cotton, someone to buy out your business or what, thanks

Comment

It would be kinda hard to sell a broken building.
                A record freak snowfall stressed some 110+ year old joists, and since the doors will be closed for a while for a new roof, it seems like the appropriate time to retool and re-staff.

I'm too old to crank it out like I used to.

There's a reason Liberty isn't named after me. I have a backlog of work for extremely loyal customers that can be a great opportunity for the right people to make names for themselves in the restoration industry.

All I want to do anymore is play with carbs.

....Cotten

Comment

Cotten I know what you mean. My Doc told me to watch my carbs, too.
                  Mike

Comment

Paps

Comment

Working...
                    X