Scout parts on EBAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scout parts on EBAY

I have been noticing a lot of military scout parts on EBAY. Is it the people who have been hording these parts for years are getting older, and want to sell their parts before they die? How did the military dispose of the surplus motorcycle parts? Any way keep putting those parts out there, maybe I can buy another set of valve guides for my 4 cyl. Stan

As I understand it, they rid themselves of the vast majority right after the big war era. NOS OEM parts can still be bought through government auction if you know the manifest numbers and military/HD/Indian?Jeep/etc., conversion numbers. Often the military and other Federal agencies hold auctions on surplus goods. Goods range from anything to everything. What may have been stored for 60 years plus gets tossed into a lot that may have been stored only 10 years. Auctions are usually parted off in lots. Bidders get to read a manifest description of a lots contents but those manifests are not always complete. A kean eye with the afore mentioned knowledge of crate identification numbers is pretty much how a bidder knows what they will be bidding on. If the bidder is looking for Indian parts, he will recognize a crate for of Indian parts by those identifcation numbers. The bidder will determine his highest bid amount based on what he feels the value of those crated parts may bring. He also has to factor in the rest of the lot as well. The remaining lot contents may be of no value to him but he still has to take them with him if he wins the lot. There is also certain restrictions and criteria that applies to bidders and their autorization to take part in the auction processes. My reply is just a basic summary. There is much more to learn before becoming such a bidder in these auctions. This reply does give a little insight to where many of those out of the blue NOS OEM parts come from though. Paps

Comment

Working...
    X