Big Twin Servi-Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Twin Servi-Car

A friend claims to know of a Servi-car (actually claim is 4 units) with a factory installed engine which is not a 45 ci. I of cource have seen home garage conversions and pictures of factory experimental models but did Harley ever make any Servi-cars with larger engines for sale to the public?

I know of only military models. Have not seen or heard of servi car models with BT engines. Trikes yes, servi's no. Paps

Comment

Re: Big Twin Servi-Car

Originally posted by fletch
      A friend claims to know of a Servi-car (actually claim is 4 units) with a factory installed engine which is not a 45 ci. I of cource have seen home garage conversions and pictures of factory experimental models but did Harley ever make any Servi-cars with larger engines for sale to the public?
      Not for sale to the public.

If you go back in the Club mag a couple/3 issues and find that article about Servi-Cars, the story about those 3-4 Big Twin Servi-Car test units built by Harley's Experimental Dept. is told as best the writer knew it. (He heard it from H-D Factory guys). This would have been in the early 1970s I believe. They kept one around the Factory as a parts chaser for years. Maybe it's there yet.

Comment

Working...
      X