1940s Paratroopers Fold-Up Scooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940s Paratroopers Fold-Up Scooter

Can anyone please help me figure out what the value of this would be now?? It comes with a spare-parts bike also,it is pretty original and has been in the same hands for well over 35 years,Thank you all

I love those things! What a fun project! I'll give you 500 for it. Which would be... below market value. I'm crazy enough to ride it. Hummm.... maybe one day of a road run. The short loop.

Running, good shape, orig? Maybe 3K? I can't see paying much more than that. But that's my opinion.

Go trolling on ebay and see what it gets bid up to. Then pull it before auction ends. A nasty common practice.

Comment

Thanks Paul I would have maybe given 1000 for it but the fellow is asking soooooo much more ,I just wanted to conferm what I thought I already kne!! Thanks !

Comment

Someone published a book about Corgis and paratrooper bikes (Brockhouse) a while back. I guess market value has produced alot of home made fakes.

Some guy was up from CA a while back and he was asking something like 6K for an orig paint runner in pretty darn good shape. I shudder thinking about forking out this much doe for something that is a complete back lot toy. Why not buy a rough scout? Or heck alot of bikes that you could accually ride!

OK- well considering I put an 80cc 2-stroke engine in a bicycle made up as a boardtrack racer for 200 bucks. Now that's good crazy fun for the money.

Comment

The book on Corgis (Brockhouse) was published by a guy called Peter Miller overe her in the UK, if you want further details http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pa...cc/arc0297.htm

Comment

Smarty,
            Thanks a million to you too!

Comment

Paul, are you gonna post a pic of that little racer of yours???

Comment

Wrist pin clip let go at approx. 47mph. "downhill grade". It was a cheapo clip made of wire. Not a proper spring clip. Ugghhh...... deep score. Chinese quality. Nuff said.

So a rebuild is in the works. It did take shape over time. Road it around the hotel grounds during the Evergreen national -Rough and Ready RR. My lady friend at the time was certain I would kill myself on it. Brake pads were not designed to stop a bicycle doing 45mph. They melt pretty fast. New lady friend has excellent first aid training also CPR - so she's good to go, on the road. She really likes that old bike smell to boot. So maybe she'll keep me around. Hummmm.... my comments about my clutch slipping due to all the extra weight on the back in ORG didn't even phase her. hee-hee...

Louie smoked me with his "Monroe" machine. I'll take a shot of my little racers current state of disrepair. Sinking time into custom building a frame etc. ahhh.. just can't see it. It is -what it is. It's cheap fun. Maybe one day if I had a really good mini v-twin engine to start with.

Sport Scout needs work. That's first up. Second up is the stroker engine.

Here's a shot from ORG RR. She's a gran to three if you can believe that.
                Her daughters always threaten to hunt me down if I don't bring her back in one piece. Good cheap sitters are hard to find. hee-hee.... note red first aid bag on tank. She's good to have around.

Ya, I'll get a shot of my cheapo boardtracker for ya.

Back on topic - I think Doody published a shot and story about a couple of guys who did a cross country trip on Paposses. Laughing Indian Riders zine.
                Attached Files

Comment

A first aid kit........handy indeed........and a gal who knows how to use it! Good shot Paul...nice to see a Injun loaded for touring

Hey Inline.......is ebay #320076584054 the Papoose you were talking about? Man, a guy even has to pay a fortune for a fun little unit like that now???

I'll have to look through the back issues for Don's article on the cross-country......Now that would take some determination

Comment

Working...
                  X