Ignition Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Switch

Okay, Please forgive me. I took my ignition switch off my 48 Chief to clean the inside. (It has not been apart in many years and I was having a problem with my headlight part of the switch). I was careful to document the disassembly so I could sucessfully put it back together. Unfortunatally I did not realize that one of the contacts that are held in place by the spring and arrow head is not brass. (When I took it apart it was so dirty inside that everything looked the same.) Does anyone in the club know or have a exploded picture to show the correct way to reassemble the switch. A big thank you in advance to anyone who may be of help here. Sincerely, Mark.

Attached is a drawing I saved from another list when this question came up. I did an ignition switch before I had this drawing but the drawing places the phenolic "contact" where I recall placing it so I think the drawing is correct ... Perry
    Attached Files

Comment

Ignition switch

Hi Perry, Thank you for your time in providing this information. Now I have a better idea of how it should go back together. Take care. Mark.

Comment

ignition switch

Hi again Perry. Your diagram was a great help. I got the switch back together and on the bike, so far everything is working great. (knock on wood) Thanks again. Mark.

Comment

48 Cheif Ignition switch dwg.

Originally posted by Perry Ruiter View Post
          Attached is a drawing I saved from another list when this question came up. I did an ignition switch before I had this drawing but the drawing places the phenolic "contact" where I recall placing it so I think the drawing is correct ... Perry
          Hi Perry,

I ran across this thread as I am having some ignition switch issues. Anyway I could get a copy of the dwg you provided to Mark ? It would be very much appreciated.

Kenny

Comment

Hi Kenny,

Here is a drawing of the universal Indian switch. Hope this helps.

dkgoz

_ignition switch.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dkgoz View Post
              Hi Kenny,

Here is a drawing of the universal Indian switch. Hope this helps.

dkgoz

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13102[/ATTACH]
              Thanks appreciate it.

Comment

Yesterday I discovered that I will probably need this also. The switch works in the second position, Light + ignition but not in the first, ignition-only position. I'm hoping that it is only dirty but I guess that I will find out when I take it apart. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X