32E generator for WL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32E generator for WL

I am putting my generator back together and the manual says, " to be sure the end frame fits snug or armature-pole shoe clearance is affected and will damage arm." Mine is pretty loose, is it absolutely mandatory that it fits snug? And where can I find an end frame that I know is going to fit snugly? NOS Parts.com has two different end frames for the same OEM #, Does anyone have any input on this matter?

Ideally the aluminum end casting is a very light press fit on the body. Occasionally they go on with no resistance but I don't know if I've ever seen one that was so floppy it had to be pitched. You certianly want the upper bearing support to be a snug fit in this case so you don't end up with a stack up of the tolerances thus allowing the armature to strike the pole shoes. It will be obvious once the generator is assembled and turned by hand if that is happening ... Perry

Comment

thanks

Thanks for input, I am still worried about using same frame though, the manual is really adamant about a snug fit and mine just glides right over with no resistance, and I just paid $200 for this armature from Holland. NOS has the frame for $40 I will probabaly break down and get it anyway. Thanks again. D

Comment

Working...
      X