Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M88 Question

On my M88 :

There is a hole on the bottom of the carb body, on the flat surface, on the right hand side, where the bowl mounts to the carb body.

Is this a vent hole for the bowl or is there not suppose to be a hole there?

Does anyone have a good diagram of an M88 that would show whether or not the hole should be there?

Thank you for your assistance!

I am currently working on a M88 off My WLA, and I have the hole as You discribed .
    I assume that this is a vent , although I don.t have a accurate drawing of this carb . I have owned this Machine for 20 years and never touched the carb ,it can sit for 2 or 3 years without running ,put gas in it and it would start . This year the carb had to come apart for cleaning , I suspect the ''new type'' gas loosened up the crud . I cleaned , adjusted , and set back on Machine and I cannot get this Carb to behave itself !
    It appears to be leaking gas around the vent tube .
    I am currently using a old cork float that appears to still float !
    Perhaps that is the problom , I need to purchase a quality float that will handle this new gas ! any ideas ?

Comment

I have found a detail of the M88 in a 45'' service manual .
      Yes the hole is shown as a ''bowl vent ''
      I could mail you a copy of this detail ,please advise

Comment

Yes, Militaryrider.

Please, email me at akaren@centurytel.net

Thanks!

Comment

Dal!

Although my M88 is at the shop to photo the exact spot (probably as attached), all carbs must vent their bowl in order to allow fuel to enter.

An extra wouldn't hurt.

MilitaryRider!

Your original float only weighed three grams; If yours weighs significantly more, then you will know it has logged up fuel.

Currently there is only one fuel-proof Linkert replacement float on the market that is of buoyancy equal to the originals. (Please post inquiries direct to
          liberty@npoint.net )

...Cotten

Comment

I agree with ya, Cotten.

Comment

Doh!

Thanks for agreeing, Dal, even though my attachment got lost, again.

Nobody should ever bother to 'preview' their post, apparently, lest they feel like jumping through hoops over and over.

...Cotten

Comment

Dal, what's the story is your flathead burning up the road ?

Comment

I wish it was burning up the road.

My auto-advance timer crapped out on me.

But, I picked up a good 47-48 manual advance timer. As soon as I get my parts in, I can rebuild it and be on my way. Hopefully...

Comment

Working...
                  X