Intake Manifold Nylon Sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Manifold Nylon Sleeves

Hi, does anybody know how I can contact Tom Cotton? I heard he modifies the plumber nut intakes so they won't leak.

find one of his posts and hit the profile button - bottom left. His email address you will find.

Comment

Starhub -

The material that Cotten uses is Peek. Not nylon. You won't regret the fix.

Jack

Comment

Starhub!

The only 'modification' involved is a different material for the seals, although most often used and worn manifold spigots must be dressed back to round and straight.

Anybody with a lathe can do it, but most individuals do not want to spend $307 for a foot of PEEK when it takes only a bit more than an inch of it. If you have multiple machines, or service for others, I encourage you to try it yourself: http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/N2DRVSH

PEEK is the only material so far that has proven to have the tensile strength to support the assembly, withstand flatty heat, and still be compliant enough to seal. And also be re-useable.
        After five years, no one has reported any 'wearing out' yet!

(Nylon melts, teflon extrudes, copper and aluminum work-harden, and of course, brass sux.)

At this time, (until the petroleum panic raises the material cost any further,) I charge $60 to custom-fit a pair of seals. When the manifold needs dressing, I charge $20 to re-cut the spigots, grind the flange, and cosmetically prep.

Weld repairs are available, and chromed manifolds are often not serviceable, or at least incur a nasty punishment charge.

All assemblies should be pressuretested...(if it works, don't fix it!)

I appreciate your interest,

....Cotten
        liberty@npoint.net

Comment

Working...
        X