Sunbeam S7 mist green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam S7 mist green

This is a request for HELP so I can paint my 1951 Sunbeam S7 in original mist green. Have followed several leads for but am not able to use the results with confidence.

Is there a proven source for mist green in base coat/clearcoat in the USA? UK will not ship paint products overseas.

Anyone know a paint code I can work from such as Dupont or PPG? Or a large paint chip for scanning?

Have already gotten a small paint chip from Stewarts and a rattle can of the stuff on eBay. Scanning the exisiting shetmetal leaves at least 4 choices of faded paint to sort. Any help or leads most appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

Dave,

Have you tried this S7 - S8 site for the information/paint codes you seek ?

http://www.classicglory.com/

Regards,

Martin

Comment

Yes. have posted on the Classic glory website, but unfortunately no useable response. I remain surprised that the UK contingent including 2 commeercial sources of S7 paint did not have a paint code. Dave

Comment

Dave,
        As Sunbeam was part of BSA at that time have you looked at trying to find a code for the BSA Bantam that was also painted Mist Green. It just might be easier than for the Sunbeam and as far as i'm aware its the same colour.
        Hope this is of some help.
        Tommo

Comment

Working...
        X