Riveting Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riveting Tools

Can anyone tell me where I might purchase tools for riveting. I am aware of Ted's tools, but prefer to look elsewhere.

Specifically, I am interested in tools for Harley rear sprockets, manifold nipple rivets, etc. I am most interested in the concave rounded (cupped) tools used tp properly form the rivet head. These tools would be used either manually (preferred) or with an air impact tool.

Thanks !!

Bill, I purchased my rivet tools from Big Flats Rivet Co.. Seemed to have a good selection of vintage tooling. The have a website.
    johnny

Comment

Thanks for the reply Johnny - I will try to find the website.

Bill

Comment

just got done putting the front fender mounts back on my 34 made a tool out of a cheap (soft) punch put it in a drill clamped to a bench turned it at a slow speed and carved the concave out with a dremel and a round cutter then i hardened it it worked good however i did heat up the end of the section rivit before i peened it tight

Comment

I think Sears also sells a set of several different sized concave rivet tools. I have to get back to the local Sears hardware store and get a set for myself real quick. They are closing the hardware only store. I don't know, but it doesn't look good for Sears. I think I actually saw that Walmart was selling some Craftsman tools?

Comment

Try this. http://brattons.com/ They had rivet peening tooling recently. Give em a yell. Bet they got what you need at a fair price. Paps

Comment

Try www.hansonrivet.com. You can also get the clinchers for tubular(hollow) rivets for hand or bench use. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X