decal coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decal coverage

I just applied decals to my freshly painted (black) 1959 panhead oil tank. What's the best way to protectthese decals? Do I bring it back to the painter for another clear coat, or is there a good product I can apply in the garage? Thanks!
    Joel

Hey Joel,
    Any word from anyone on your question?
    I'm about to seal the patent decal for my '47.
    I had heard at some point that the factory used varnish?
    Anybody have knowledge or good advice for this question?
    Bob
    Bob

Comment

This may not be the right way but it worked for me. I have a powdercoated battery box on my 45. I used rattle can clear coat over my decal about 5 years ago. So far no discoloration. I believe I used a dupli-color product.

Comment

Put it on thin and careful, I put clear on my Hendersons decals. Put it on to thick I think, looked super good. Was very pleased - but several hours later, had a reation - kind of like bubbled up. Man I was sick, I put wax papper over it and a book on top to weight it down. The next day, it was alright. But if you look close you can still see the marks. Course if you look real close you can still see where the mosquito paid the utamite price for flying into my spray pattern too, that bastard. He was entumbed then and there, I wet sanded and rubbed it out, but there is still the slightest impression of his evil pattern to this day :-) Best to put it on thin and a couple coats, good luck with yours, Tom.

Comment

Working...
        X