1948 Wla?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Wla?

I picked up yet another project - cuz ya gotta have em backed up or that's the end. Anyway the engine is stamped 48WLA XXXX. Were there WLAs made in 48? If so why in the world would the Army need any more WLAs in 48? Well, is was the Army.

Hi. My understanding is H-D built WLAs through 1952. The Army changed the color slightly (from WWII OD Lusterless Flat Green to a Semi-Luster Green). So, a 1948 WLA is very possible.

Rockin' Ronny O!

Comment

48 WLA

Thanks Ronny. Is this a great club or what?

Comment

Yeah, it is. You may also want to join the WLA discussion group on Yahoo.

Rockin' Ronny O!

Comment

Ronnie - why do you constantly use this site to promote yahoo groups?
          Yahoo will and openly does, sell email addresses to anyone under the sun.

Could you do me a favor and promote the AMCA and this BB on the yahoo group sites. Much appreciated.

Our members can protect there identity and we don't sell/give information.

Comment

Paul
            You've got my support 100% on that comment

Tommo

Comment

Fair point and our JD group has a reciprocal link to the AMCA homepage.

Don't you think though, that anyone with a modicum of sense has a yahoo/msn/hotmail email address for solely their registrations to yahoo groups to save clogging up their primary email addresses ?

If yahoo sell the addresses they can have the pleasure of hosting the spam on their own servers (via a spam filter on a yahoo mail account).......

Comment

I own a 48 WLA basket case. One of these days I will put her together. I have to much left to do on my 42 WLA civilian bobber first. There is a 52 WLA on ebay right now if it hasn't ended yet. Paps

Comment

gotta agree with admin,this site alone is awesome!if someone in here dont know what you NEED to , you will certainly have your steering damper tightend REAL QUICK and be sent in the right direction

Comment

Working...
                  X