Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shovels

Hi
    I have talked a little about my Shovel in another AMCA forum. It is a ' 72 FLH. I believe these bikes do need some work for serious road riding. That is just me. Mine, I still consider a "newer bike", to be ridden hard and enjoyed as often as possible. I use it for almost all of my HOG chapter runs, and everyday riding. As far as vibration, it is not bad at all. T&O balnced it, and it is still a 74" motor. It has a belt drive, and i don't know if that reduces some of the vibration or not. I am using an S&S E on it, because it is an east y carb to set up and get down the road. I gave away the Bendix that came with it. No excuses offered there! I want to put a CV carb on it, because I believe that is the best carb ever for street Harleys. I just don't know what I need to adapt it yet. Like I said in the other forum, roller rockers, Jims lifters, S&S oil pump and cooler, close ratio trans, which I am still up in the air over whether I like it or not, heavy duty throw out bearing, ss reinforced brake lines, good, newer style tires, bigger alt.,electronic regulator, and a quality points system, and I am down the road and happy. Did I mention the oil leaks? Hmmmmmmmm..........................

shovel'in down the road

My 68 runs great and it's all stock ole police bike. Then there's the 78. It's got 93"shovel w/revtec 5-speed, all the jim's stuff S&S and dyna ignition. Dyno 71hp and 89lbs torque. I ride it distance and the cop bike to events. I love them both. Ride it or hide it. Shovels rule.

Comment

Go to e-bay item # 4632962871 . This will answer all your questions about the CV carb.

Comment

Thanks! I finally got back on to check your reply. I will contact that person about his product. I have seen other ones, but they seemed rather involved, for a simple conversion. My only concern now is whether the carb will clear the stock tanks on the 1972 FLH. I think I already have the cables and twist grip I need.

Comment

Working...
        X