Wauseon 2022 Coney Island Style Motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wauseon 2022 Coney Island Style Motorcycles

I Didn't see this "group" being used at all and figure I would add some "motivation" for the Upcoming 2022 Wauseon Theme. This was Sam. G Green of Cleveland Ohio. His 1971 FLH was decked out and even on the front page of the Cleveland Sunday Paper in 1973. It also appeared on a Cable Game Show the following year. This 1971 FLH was original purchased new by Sam at South East Harley Davidson in Cleveland at the time in a not so common "Sparkling Turquoise" Finish. Sam was proud of his motorcycle and normally displayed it on a Red Carpet.
    -Billy Balcer

SGG.jpg
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Billy Balcer
    Strange Bird Manufacturing
    www.StrangeBirdMFG.com
    Lake Erie Chapter - President / Editor
    www.LakeErieAMCA.org
    Last edited by BillyBalcer; 12-26-2021, 04:29 PM.

Another inspiration photo from Uncle Marks slides for this years Wauseon mark of the meet "Coney Island Style Motorcycles" . Mark took this photo in the early 1970's in Daytona beach. Enjoy!

uncle marks slides coney style.jpg
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Billy Balcer
    www.StrangeBirdMFG.com
    www.LakeErieAMCA.org
    www.WauseonNationalMeet.org

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures I was saving for inspiration some day.

Someday I will decorate my Road King, but not as much as these
      AMCA #41287
      1971 Sprint SS350 project
      1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
      1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
      1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
      96" Evo Softail self built chopper
      2012 103" Road King "per diem"
      plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

I've always been fascinated with these full (over)dressed Harleys from the mid50's, and even into the 70's. I remember scrubbing chrome spoke nipples and busting knuckles trying to reach the hard-to-get-at places, trying to keep the rust from developing from the morning dew.
        And I'm just speaking about my chromed (too much) chopper. I can't imagine the amount of time it would it would take to polish up one of the bikes here. What I really want to know is... what kind of generator would it take to light up these christmas trees ? A heavy duty generator, for sure, does anyone know ? Alternator ?

I once saw a photo from a Laconia Meet back in the early 70's, of a skirted Chief with a full dress Indian headress attached to the license plate frame (articulated, folding around the rear fender for riding) decorated with lights around the perimeter of the headress. Awesome ! It was a featured piece in an old biker magazine, special issue Laconia Meet. I still dream that someday I'll make a sissy-bar for my skirted Chief like it.
        I cut out the photo, put it in my scrapbook... but, I have somehow misplaced it (damn...).
        You just don't see these really cool bikes anymore... Legendary, for sure. website- zzchop.com has one featured this month, and a few throughout the archives as well.

C2K

Comment

Be here before you know it...

thumbnail_Wauseon22ADJPEG Half Page.jpg
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Billy Balcer
          www.StrangeBirdMFG.com
          www.LakeErieAMCA.org
          www.WauseonNationalMeet.org

Comment

Vintage Motorcycle Pics of the Day

About this Group

Trying to make it more accessible to members to see and share photos from "The Day."
          Type: Public
          Topics: 2
          Comments: 6

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X