• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is one seller of these screws.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-45-M...0AAOSwDk5T5ZYb
    Craig

Comment

I really love Colony products, 95% of their stuff is spot on!
      #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

The thumb screws were used on the scoop, not the round AC The round AC used round hear straight slot screws. Check the parts book.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
          The thumb screws were used on the scoop, not the round AC The round AC used round hear straight slot screws. Check the parts book.
          Chris, I checked my 1940 Spare Parts book and you are correct! It says that it is Part # 019 White. So I assume that it is a 8-32 N.C. round head screw painted white?
          Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
            Is anybody repopping those screws?
            Colony has for years.
            AMCA #765

Comment

Maybe by calling them white they mean cadmium plated ?????

Comment

I've never see the Factory use the term white when it was Cad. Must have been actually painted white.
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by shinedogg View Post
                  I've never see the Factory use the term white when it was Cad. Must have been actually painted white.
                  Here is a shot from my catalog.CIMG1725.jpg
                  Craig

Comment

Interesting that not only are they using a 1935 part number for something that came out in 1936, but also showing it fits back to 1930, even though pre-1936 carbs have only two mounting screws, and pre-1935 these are No 10 x 24 rather than the later No 12 x 24. A good example of Harley airbrushing out their parts history.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
                      Interesting that not only are they using a 1935 part number for something that came out in 1936, but also showing it fits back to 1930, even though pre-1936 carbs have only two mounting screws, and pre-1935 these are No 10 x 24 rather than the later No 12 x 24. A good example of Harley airbrushing out their parts history.
                      Many parts H-D lists have previous year numbers, like many of the Hydra-glide parts, early Knuckle parts, etc. And H-D was pushing the Linkerts to replace the earlier carbs on all parts orders. In those years they cared little about history or parts correctness, they were just staying alive. And any retrofit upgrade was money in their pocket.
                      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                      X