1928-1930 Package truck check springs assemblies for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1928-1930 Package truck check springs assemblies for sale

Check straps finished. All hardware parkerized except for the bolts to secure the front brackets to the floor. These are Black Oxide.
    The original 1/4" thick strapping is not available anywhere, so two 1/8" thick straps have been sewn together.
    Only three sets available at the moment, two x rear and one x front per set.
    Full set is $320 plus shipping.
    Springs and straps available separately.

20200916_092025.jpg20200916_092033.jpg20200916_092208.jpg

Originally posted by aumick10 View Post
    Check straps finished. All hardware parkerized except for the bolts to secure the front brackets to the floor. These are Black Oxide.
    The original 1/4" thick strapping is not available anywhere, so two 1/8" thick straps have been sewn together.
    Only three sets available at the moment, two x rear and one x front per set.
    Full set is $320 plus shipping.
    Springs and straps available separately.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29564[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29565[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29566[/ATTACH]
    Beautiful work, Mick!
    Steve Swan

27JD 11090 Restored
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClUPIOo7-o8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtuptEAlU30

27JD 13514 aka "Frank"
    https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...n-Project-SWAN
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRB...nnel=steveswan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSDeuTqD9Ks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwlIsZKmsTY

Comment

Thanks Steve,
      Close up of the strap ends.
      20200917_064235.jpg20200917_064248.jpg

Comment

Mick,
        Is the original material 1" or 1 .25" wide cotton in o.d green?

Comment

Ryan,
          As best i can tell the original straps were 1 1/2" wide and 1/4" thick cotton, same as mine. I haven't been able to find out what the original color was, so mine are olive drab.

Comment

Originally posted by aumick10 View Post
            Ryan,
            As best i can tell the original straps were 1 1/2" wide and 1/4" thick cotton, same as mine. I haven't been able to find out what the original color was, so mine are olive drab.
            Mick,
            I think I may have some old rolls of the really thick cotton material. I will look through my old rolls and see, it will also be o.d. green or black.
            What thread size did you use and what machine did you sew them with?

Comment

I sent them to a canvas shop for sewing. He used 3 rows of polyester thread.
              Cheers

Comment

Hey Mick, do you still have a set of these available? I have a 1929 Package Truck in need of some straps.IMG_0156.jpg

Comment

Yes i do. PM me your shipping address for price.
                  Cheers

Comment

Mick, do you sell just the rear straps and clamps alone? Don't need springs or the recoil check.
                    Thanks
                    Robbie
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Yes i do,
                      I cleaned out my inbox, so you can PM me now. Send me a list with pt no's of what you want.
                      Cheers

Comment

hey Mick, I'm not sure my PM's are coming through. I have sent my physical address per your request. My email is mtschieber@yahoo.com if you want to email me directly. I sure cold use a picture of all the components and quantities that would come in a complete set.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                          Mick, do you sell just the rear straps and clamps alone? Don't need springs or the recoil check.
                          Thanks
                          Robbie
                          Robbie, did you get my PM?

Comment

Mick, these check straps with all the hardware are first class. It is exactly what I needed for my 1929 package truck. There is actually a lot more to these things than I really even knew. Very nice.
                            Good communication, fast response, good packing, quick shipping, excellent quality!!!
                            I've been looking for a very long time an had only seen bits and pieces of a setIMG_0156.jpg. I'm really happy. Not cheap... but well worth the money.
                            Thank you.
                            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike85 View Post
                              Mick, these check straps with all the hardware are first class. It is exactly what I needed for my 1929 package truck. There is actually a lot more to these things than I really even knew. Very nice.
                              Good communication, fast response, good packing, quick shipping, excellent quality!!!
                              I've been looking for a very long time an had only seen bits and pieces of a set[ATTACH=CONFIG]29979[/ATTACH]. I'm really happy. Not cheap... but well worth the money.
                              Thank you.
                              Mike
                              Thanks Mike, Looks like they will finish off your very nice package truck. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X